Monday, July 6, 2009

Raw Chocolate Fudge

Let me just say, these have to be tasted to be believed. O my word - insanely delicious! I had the inspiration after a recent visit to Alive Organics in Bayswater. They stock yummy treats - as one needs to reward oneself for being a good raw foodie. I played with ingredients I had in the cupboard and here's what I came up with:

Raw Chocolate Fudge
1 1/2 c ground raw cashews
1 c raw unprocessed honey
3/4 c tahini or nut butter (like almond, cashew or macadamia nut butter)
4 T chocolate coconut butter (or cacao butter, but it's very expensive)
2 T carob powder or raw cacao powder
dash vanilla extract

Blend together in a food processor (don't try using a blender, like I did. Doh!). Pour into a lined dish and freeze til firm enough to slice. Slice into squares and store in a lined container in freezer. You must line the container or else the fudge will stick.
Another yummy fudge recipe can be found at the coolest green website, G Living. Click here. I do need to note though, I melt butters and oils by placing them in hot water instead of in a saucepan over the stove. I'm eager to try this recipe.

FUDGE COOKIES
What do ya do with a batch of fudge that didn't turn out the way you like it?? Make Fudge Cookies!

I tried a fudge recipe from the Raw Food Real World recipe book but I added WAYYY more maple syrup than required. Yuppp! I also didn't like the salt crystals so I decided to turn them into Raw Fudge Cookies. You could make these with any fudge recipe. I've had raving reviews and people are eager for the recipe...so here it is.

1 c cashew or macadamia flour (hand crushed nuts)
1 c fine oatmeal
1 or 2 T cacao or carob powder
1/4 c coconut
1/4 c agave or maple syrup
2 teas vanilla extract
1 or 2 T chocolate coconut butter (much cheaper than cacao butter)
4 or 5 slices soft raw fudge (as much or as little as you like)

Blend all together in a food processor. Roll tablespoon sized mixture into balls and flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Store in a container lined with baking paper and keep in freezer. Note - they will stick to the container if it is not lined. Be sure to place baking paper in between each
layer of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment