Monday, July 6, 2009

Apricot Biscotti

The best biscotti I've ever tasted was made by my Aunt in Canada. It was so dangerously good that I've been determined to find a good raw counterpart. I found an amazing raw version of biscotti at Rawmazing. I didn't have all the correct ingredients so I substituted a bit. This is incredibly delicious, particularly with the cocao nibs. Here's my recipe:

Apricot Biscotti
1 1/2 c almond pulp
1 c ground almonds or finely ground oatmeal
1 c coconut
1/2 c agave syrup
1 c chopped apricots
1/2 c sweet cacao nibs
1 large orange (juice and zest)

Roughly chop apricots. Set aside.
In a food processor place almond pulp, coconut and oatmeal. Blend till thoroughly combined. Add agave and pulse til combined. Place in a bowl and add orange juice and zest. Mix by hand. Add apricots and cacao nibs. Form into biscotti shaped loaves and dehydrate 8 hours. Cut into biscotti slices and return to the dehydrator for 12 hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment