Sunday, May 24, 2009

Coconut Cream Pie and Pumpkin Muffins

RAW BANANA COCONUT CREAM PIE
This cake is a dream! No, it's NOT chocolate but it's still very dreamy. It tastes like coconut ice-cream with bananas. This was the second time I've made it. I included a small handful of cashews to the crust and the filling this time. I think it tasted even better with the cashews. I found the recipe at gliving.

Keep it in the freezer as it will lose its shape as it comes to room temperature. I decorated it quite simply with whipped coconut cream, shredded coconut, bananas and a drizzle of rice syrup.

I was just about to throw out the left over coconut pulp from juicing the mature coconut (for whipped cream) and decided to make something out of it instead. Here's what I made:

SWEET COCONUT BREAD

3 cups coconut pulp
1 cup almond pulp
4 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs powdered ginger
1/2 cup flax meal (or more)
2 tbs vanilla essence
2 tbs lemon juice
pinch salt

Blend together in a food processor as much as possible, then mix by hand in a bowl until doughy. Spread on teflex sheet (I cover the dough with baking paper and then roll over the top with rolling pin) and dehydrate 8 hours at 110 degrees F.

Not sure yet what I'll use it for but I'll be sure to let you know when I do!

RAW PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS

To finish my day of un-cooking I tried a recipe I've been gazing at for a few weeks (that's alot of gazing!!). It's yet another fabulous recipe from Sunny Raw Kitchen and it's scrumptious (if ya like pumpkin pie). Click here for the recipe. I have altered the recipe slightly by using grated pumpkin, not pulp and 1 cup pecans and 1 cup of cashews (maybe just a little less) as I don't like walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment