Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chili and Corn Bread and Stuffed Spinach Leaves

It's been so easy for me to fall off the raw track lately and I've decided I've GOT to continue making this a real priority. I'm finding, more than ever, that what goes into my mouth has a major effect on every other area of my life. When I'm eating the SAD (Standard Australian Diet) way my health, my positive outlook, my energy, my desire to embrace the day goes down that slippery slope. Sticking to the Raw and Living Diet is so important, for me, on so many levels. I long to stay in front each day feeling positive and strong instead of trailing behind and playing catch-up. I'm at my best when I stay true to Raw.

To help me stay on track I've collected 14 easy-to-prepare raw dinner dishes. My goal will be to have 2 weeks worth of dinner recipes up-my-sleeve, that can be prepared with little effort. I started my list off with a recipe I found at the Sunny Raw Kitchen blogspot - Chili and Cornbread. The Chili is not hot or spicy at all, actually. It is full of fresh goodness and pretty substantial as an evening meal. The Corn Bread is yummo! I love the sesame seeds and the sunflower seeds in it.

You can find the recipe by clicking here.

The second dinner recipe on my list was a lovely little recipe by The Raw Chef, Russell James - Stuffed Vine Leaves with Mint Cashew Aioli. Vine leaves aren't easy to come by, not that I looked very hard mind you, so I used spinach leaves instead. They certainly weren't as flat and smooth as vine leaves would be but delicious none-the-less, just a bit knobby. You can find the recipe by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment