Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Zucchini Pasta

CREAMY ALFREDO WITH MUSHROOM AND ASPARAGUS
Yet another fabulous recipe from The Sunny Raw Kitchen. I cooked a very tempting red wine lamb stew with herbed dumplings last night for the family so I knew I had to make myself something equally as delicious, to ease the temptation. This turned out great. I had 2 full servings! You can find the recipe by clicking here.

I have to be honest and confess that I haven't been diligent with eating raw lately. Yes, I fell off the wagon!

During the last two weeks I returned to the SAD diet (Standard Australian Diet) out of convenience and boy, do I feel it. Cooking delicious looking nightly meals for my family of five (and enjoying baked meals and desserts with weekly visitors) got the better of me....and down down down the slippery slope I went. Chronic back pain, general down-in-the-dumps, bloating, heaviness and tired, tired, tired feelings returned!

Today, I was determined to claw my way back into the saddle. I got busy housecleaning (so I could feel good about "my world") and in my nice clean kitchen got to work making raw chocolate cookies, a fresh batch of dehydrated grape cereal and almond milk. For dinner I made something easy enough to get back on track:

ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH SPINACH AND AVOCADO SAUCE
Pasta:
1 zucchini
Make spaghetti style noodles with the vegetable spiralizer.

Sauce:
1 clove garlic
1 green onion
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper
small handful basil leaves
bunch of baby spinach leaves
1/2 avocado
splash of agave syrup
sprinkle of oregano

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour over noodles in a dish. Serve.

ZUCCHINI FETTUCCINE WITH SPINACH SAUCE
I used a mandolin slicer to get thin zucchini strips then slices into fettuccine strips by hand. Leaving the skin on makes it look more vegetable-ish whereas peeling the skin off gives a pure white pasta finish. It's always good to let it soften and rest in a bowl with a splash of olive oil, for at least half an hour before eating.

I used the spinach sauce recipe from Sunny Raw Kitchen, which you can see by clicking here. All I can say is, yum-yum-bubblegum!

No comments:

Post a Comment