Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Noodles Noodles Noodles

I had a craving for satay vegetable noodles today so began formulating a recipe. My vegetable spiralizer (purchased from Alive Organics, Bayswater) has opened the door to the exciting world of raw "noodles". I'm always amazed at the thin angel hair strands that fall out from the machine as I rotate the handle. What I think is MORE amazing is that I can get this far in life and not know I can have noodles that are completely life giving - and that won't clog up my digestive system and leave me feeling bloated.

SATAY VEGETABLE NOODLES

Satay Sauce
1 young coconut - meat and 1/2 cup coconut water
1/4 cup agave syrup
2 Tbsp almond butter
3 tsp Shoya Namu
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
sea salt and pepper

Blend altogether until smooth and refrigerate. Spread onto a dehyrator sheet and dehydrate 30 mintues before serving.

Vegetable Noodles
1 zucchini spiralized (with a splash of lemon juice and olive oil tossed through)

Finely slice:
broccoli
carrots
red capsicum
green onion

Toss all vegetable ingredients in a bowl with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and spread out onto a dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 2 or 3 hours. Place in a bowl and toss in satay sauce. Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment