Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Double Chocolate Maca Cake

I had been eyeing this cake recipe for a few months but because it had Maca Powder in it I had to hold off til I could hunt some down. I DID find some at Alive Organics in Bayswater (they just have everything!) so this was the first thing I pumped out when I got home with the goods.

This recipe is one of the many insanely good recipes from Heathy's Just Desserts raw un-cook book. I encourage you to download it if you're a dessert lover like moi! You can download the e-book from Heathy's blog by clicking here. The only change I made to the original recipe is I added a layer of cashew cream on top. I made the cream by taking about 1 cup of almond milk and blend in enough soaked cashews till creamy, then throw in a date and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.... and maybe a pinch of cinnamon. Blend well.

This cake is unbelievably delicious. The young coconut meat base is a flavour that I will have no trouble getting use to. The maca base mixed with pecan and brazil nuts is a taste sensation and the chocolate, well..chocloate just makes everything wonderful.

MACA: An energising and revitalising superfood of the Incas. Jam packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and all the essential amino acids.

Grown at 4,000m above sea level in the Andean district of Junin by the Pumpush people who have been cultivating and consuming maca as a staple food for thousansds of years.

Maca contains unique alkaloids, which help stimulate the master glands that in turn may help optimise and balance the entire endocrine system. (http://www.biodistributors.com.au/ProdInfFiles/maca.php)

No comments:

Post a Comment